1.4 million electric vehicles were sold worldwide in a month

Global sales of electric cars hit a new record in November.

Global sales of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) hit a new monthly record of 1.4 million units, up from 1.1 million units, according to research firm Rho Motion. in November 2022. BEVs made up 70% of sales and PHEVs the remaining 30%.

This growth was driven by increased sales in North America and China, which offset lower demand in Europe.

In China, sales increased by 25%, and in the US and Canada by 43%, while in Europe they fell by 3% compared to November 2022.

At the same time, after years of accelerated growth, some automakers fear that sales of electric vehicles in Europe and elsewhere could slow as consumers wait for better, cheaper models due in two to three years.